The Technical Standards Information Unit is part of the Marketing and Department of the GNBS. The unit, which operates like a Library provides information on national, regional and international standards, metrology, quality assurance, metrication, and other matters pertaining to standardization.
Visit our Technical Standards Information Unit for information on Standardisation.
Our Collection Includes:
• National, Regional and International Standards.
• Periodicals, bulletins, magazines, standards catalogues, brochures, fact sheets etc.
• Codex Alimentarius Documents.
• Guyana Library Association.
• Provides agreed upon (consensus) guidelines for uniform products, services and procedures.
• Improves manufacturing, exporting research and development.
• Promotes national competitiveness.
Whether you are a consumer, businessman, manufacturer, importer or exporter, student or teacher standards information has a place in your plans for the future. For businesses, utilising such information will result in the production of quality goods and services, which is your passport to future markets and to increased volume of trade. For others, the materials available in the unit will certainly provide you with the knowledge you need for your research and other purposes relating to Standardisation. Don’t hesitate, visit use today!
Copy of GNBS Standard Catalogue 2016-2017 can be found at bottom of page.
Hours of Opening
Monday to Thursday: 08:30h to 11:45h 13:00h to 16:15h
Fridays 08:30h to 15:15h